<< prev | top | list Old Twinings Shop on The Strand list | top | next >>
London Tower Bridge open
A bridge in London's Docklands
websize photograph
Description of the photograph
Title: Old Twinings Shop on The Strand
Taken from:

The Strand, London.


The founder of Twinings, Thomas Twining, opened the first known tea room, at 216 Strand, London, in 1706, still operating today. The firm's logo, created in 1787, is one of the world's oldest in continuous use. Holder of a Royal Warrant, Twinings has been owned by Associated British Foods since 1964. Twinings sells a variety of regional and flavoured teas such as Lapsang Souchong, Lady Grey and Darjeeling, as well as infusions, coffee, and hot chocolate. It is generally accepted that the company was the first to blend Earl Grey in Britain during the premiership of Charles, 2nd Earl Grey.

Keywords: logo, entry, door
Image data
Image sizes: 2892*2010px, 2492kb
Origin: Originally a digital image, with postprocessing
Date/Time: 19970508-150000
Destination coordinates;WGS84 LONG -0.121235847473°, LAT 51.5104051449°
Author: Alexandra Medwedeff
Photo copyright: This photograph is copyrighted (©) by André M. Winter and others. A free permissions for re-use may be given for non-commercial purposes. Commercial use requires a license. Contact André M. Winter for any kind of use. This extended copyright notice applies in all cases. Infringements always will be persecuted worldwide. Legal court: Innsbruck, Austria, E.U.
Text copyright: The description of this photograph (or parts of) is based on this article of the free Wikipedia encyclopedia and are covered by the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). Authors are named on the Wikipedia page.
Link to this page: link to this page
<< prev | top | list list | top | next >>